Swimming Tutor is led by Nicholas Loxton
Nicholas not only has 20 years experience in the Swimming Tuition industry, but as a qualified Ski Instructor and Rugby coach; an qualified Architect and holding a masters Degree in Business Administration, is ideally and uniquely placed within the industry to advice on swimming technique, pools and business operations.
Teaching, Coaching & Tutoring:
I began my teaching and coaching career as a Ski Instructor in the mid 1980’s and moved into swimming following the setting up of Floaters Swimming School in 1992, when it became self evident that there were – and still are – massive opportunities to make a real difference.
I qualified as:
- ASA swimming Teacher in 1992.
- ASA Tutor in 1998.
- National QA Assessor in 2001.
- STA Tutor in 2002
- Level 3 Assessor in 2004
I have also been an Active Sports Coach, Talent Camp Manager, TOPS (Schools) Tutor and qualified as Rugby Union coach in 2009.
I originally qualified as an Architect in 1976 and subsequently achieved an MBA in 1998.
- Piloting the original National Plan for Teaching Swimming
- Working Party member in the design of the ASA Aquamark Scheme
- Author of the hugely successful (and imitated) SwimCare teaching programme
- Inaugural Chairman of the National Federation of Swimschools
- Member of original ASA CPD assessment Panel.